Heart Disease Expert Forum
Abnormal ECG - Large R in V1
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abnormal ECG - Large R in V1

Hello, I am a 28 year old female, 5'4", 124 lbs, and 11-12% body fat.  I am a powerlifter, (squat/bench/deadlift) and when not training for meets, I also run 5Ks on a regular basis.  My gym routines consist of appx 60-90 minutes of lifting 4 times per week, and 30 minutes of cardio 6 times per week.  My cholesterol is 123 with a good LDL/HDL ratio, and my blood pressure is normal.  Regarding family history, my father had a heart attack at 51, which was accompanied by smoking and other risk factors. This past Thursday, as part of my job, I underwent an ECG/EKG, which is required every 5 years (I'm in law enforcement.).  An EKG done 5 years ago was normal, as well as one I had done 4 years ago.  This past Thursday, however, I was absolutely floored to see my EKG print-out, which solely noted "Large R in V1" (normal sinus rhythm). The EKG was "borderline abnormal".  This was a 6-lead EKG, and took moments to complete.  I noticed that the EKG print-out showed me as a 28 year-old female weighing 24 pounds.  I went to point out the 100-pound weight error, and overheard the EKG-taker tell the doctor that the print-out was the best she could do.  I then asked for it to be retaken, but as this was an occupational health office, I was told that they did not have the time.  Completely flustered, I went to see my primary care doctor the same day, who indicated that she believed that it may have been a "lead placement" issue, but provided me orders for a stress echocardiogram.  I'm very scared as this is the first "issue" with an EKG I've ever had.  Any insight is very much appreciated!