Abnormal ECG
I'm 32 year old female, smoker for 17 years and have been taking diet pills for a couple of years. I have been experiencing chest pains for a couple of months, but they weren't consistent and I have heart burn frequently. Recently I have had neck pain and work for a doctor, but too scared to ask for help. I performed and ECG on myself with my partner's help and the print out reads, "unusual axis, left axis deviation, consider with LAFB, moderate inferior repolarization disturbance, consider ischemia or LV overload". Then says, "negative T in avg with negative T in II III", and finally "abnormal ECG". What does it all mean? I know I need to quit smoking and stop taking the diet pills, but can I save my heart?
Sincerest Thanks
This is a question you should ask your doctor. You're saying "you performed an EKG on yourself"? Are you sure you placed the leads right?

I would ask a doctor to register an EKG and interpret it.

If I should try to comment it; first, there are no "avg" lead, but since you're mentioning inferior leads, maybe you're saying aVF? How high is your blood pressure? If your blood pressure is high, there is a possibility that your left ventricle must work too hard and gets enlarged (hypertrophied) and that may cause the results you got.

If your EKG still is abnormal after a doctor has registered it, you should see a cardiologist for an ultrasound of the heart to see what this may be.
I am a medical ***'t and biller/coder, have been for 4 years. Avg was a typo...sorry about that. Avf is correct. I took my partner with me when I performed ECG and I ran the test 3 times. Leads were all correct, but I sincerely appreciate your help!!! I have appt with cardiologist next week. I did some research after I posted my question and you're exactly right. Left ventricle is on overload due to diet pills is all I can think of. Thanks again...so very much.