Heart Disease Expert Forum
Abnormal ECG ST elevation

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Abnormal ECG ST elevation
Hi, I am a 29 year old male who suffers from sever anxiety, the last 6 months I have had other symtoms including very frwquent yawnining and sighing, dizziness and fatigue. I recently had an ECG done and the results are as follows

Sinus Rhythem
Normal P axis, V-Rate 50- 99
ST ELEV, Probable Normal Early Repol Pattern ST Elevation, age<55
BASELINE WANDER IN LEADS I, II, III, aVL, aVF, V1, V2, V3, V4 and V5
Rate 64
PR 148
QRSD 86
QT 376
QTc 388

Axis
P 63
QRS 59
T 36

The link to my ECG print out is:

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r767/Lily_Aghassi/2013-07-24151828_zps98340bf9.jpg

Should I be worried? My doctor thinks not...worse of all I have a cosmetic procedure comming up requiring me to be under general anthesia for 2 1/2 hours. I am seriously re-considering this procedure.

In general, ST elevations can sometimes be seen as a normal finding in a subsegment of the population, such as in a young male such as yourself. It can be a more concerning finding in the setting of acute symptoms concerning for a heart attack (chest pain, trouble breathing, etc).

"Baseline wander" refers to the quality of the ECG picture itself, rather than something about your heart.

The ECG is not striking for a severe abnormality; however, an ECG must always be taken in the context of examining a patient's full medical history, physical exam, and blood work. As such, you should discuss further with the provider who ordered the ECG and/or your internist/cardiologist regarding any further testing and whether it is safe to undergo the cosmetic procedure.