Heart Disease Expert Forum
Abnormal ECG ST elevation
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abnormal ECG ST elevation

Hi, I am a 29 year old male who suffers from sever anxiety, the last 6 months I have had other symtoms (symptoms) including very frwquent yawnining and sighing, dizziness and fatigue. I recently had an ECG done and the results are as follows

Sinus Rhythem
Normal P axis, V-Rate 50- 99
ST ELEV, Probable Normal Early Repol Pattern ST Elevation, age<55
BASELINE WANDER IN LEADS I, II, III, aVL, aVF, V1, V2, V3, V4 and V5
Rate 64
PR 148
QRSD 86
QT 376
QTc 388

Axis
P 63
QRS 59
T 36

The link to my ECG print out is:

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r767/Lily_Aghassi/2013-07-24151828_zps98340bf9.jpg

Should I be worried? My doctor thinks not...worse of all I have a cosmetic procedure comming up requiring me to be under general anthesia for 2 1/2 hours. I am seriously re-considering this procedure.

In general, ST elevations can sometimes be seen as a normal finding in a subsegment of the population, such as in a young male such as yourself. It can be a more concerning finding in the setting of acute symptoms concerning for a heart attack (chest pain, trouble breathing, etc).

"Baseline wander" refers to the quality of the ECG picture itself, rather than something about your heart.

The ECG is not striking for a severe abnormality; however, an ECG must always be taken in the context of examining a patient's full medical history, physical exam, and blood work. As such, you should discuss further with the provider who ordered the ECG and/or your internist/cardiologist regarding any further testing and whether it is safe to undergo the cosmetic procedure.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank