Abnormal EKG. . .normal for me?
Hello.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Last night, I went to the ER.
I was feeling shaky, weak, racing heart & tingly.
I had just had a totalthyroidectomy on 8/4 and had some calcium issues.
I thought I was having another low calcium attack.
The doctor ran some blood work and did an EKG.  He said that his diagnosis was stress and anxiety and gave me an ativan.
The EKG showed that there were abnormalities, but the doctor said that the abnormalities were normal for me (how would he know that? I hadn't had an ekg done there before) and that it was nothing to worry about.
Of course I'm freaking out.  Here's what the report says:

Rate:  97
PR  152
QRSD 100
QT 356
QTc 453

--Axis--
P 40
QRS 23
T  -22

sinus rythem..........normal P axis,V-rate 50- 99
Probable left atrial abnormality..............P>50mS,  <-0.10mV  V1
Abnormal T, Consider Ischemia, Inferior...........T 90
EST GFR NONAFR  87
NA  141
K  3.5
CL  108
CO2  22
ANION GAP  15
Calcium 9.2
TROPONIN I <0.010

thank you sooo much!

oops the 2nd part of my blood work got added to the end
here is my blood work:
Routine Chemistry
Creatinine  0.8
BUN          12
Glucose Level   104
EST GFR NONAFR  87
NA  141
K  3.5
CL  108
CO2  22
ANION GAP  15
Calcium 9.2
TROPONIN I <0.010

CBC w.AUTO DIFF
WBC   15.0
RBC   4.54
HGB   13.0
HCT   38.7
MCV   85.1
MCH   28.7
MCHC    33.7
RDW   13.1
Platelet Count  361
MPV  7.80

MANUAL DIFFERENTIAL
Neutrophils  80
Lymphocytes  14
Monocytes    5
Eosinophils  1
Platelets  normal
RBC Morphology  normal
anyone?

If I go to a cardiologist, what should I tell him/her?
What questions should I ask?

thank you!!
I am sorry I can't answer the first part of your question. it does seem weird for s doctor to tell you that your EKG was normal for you if you have never had one done unless he was saying for your age group, which to me it doesn't sound like it.
to answer your question about what should you ask?
well first of all I suggest you bring your copy of your records there to the cardilogist in case they don't have everything.let then make themselves a copy if they need to.
I would ask what does the PROBABLE LEFT ATRIAL ABNORMALITY mean? tell him/her what your concerns and symptoms are, all of your symptoms, even if you don't think it is cardiac related.
When you go if no one else can go with you then I suggest you first of all have questions and things you wish to bring up written down, most people can't remember what they want to say. then if no one can go with you #1 for support but also as a second set of listening ears and they might think of something to ask. If that can't happen bring something to write it down with.
PLEASE if you don't understand something have them explain what it means until you can understand.
Good luck and I hope things will be okay
Michelle
I don't want to scare you, but ANY discrepancy in the EKG should send you to your own doctor immediately. By rights, no one should have an abnormal EKG. Your T waves could be normal for your age group, but he missed the important part. You probably should have been put in the hospital for at least 12 hours to run blood enzymes every 4. They should not release anyone with your symptoms and EKG. I hate emergency rooms!.

This part bothers me: "Consider Ischemia, Inferior"  Inferior toward the bottom of your heart and ischemia means loss of bloodflow.

Here is some good info to arm yourself with before you see a cardiologist. The best time to go is NOW!

Ischemia (loss of bloodflow) of the inferior myocardial wall is generally caused by blockages in the posterior descending coronary artery or the distal portion of the coronary artery branch. The inferior heart (as opposed to superior heart) is towards the bottom of the heart. This type of ischemia often leads to an Inferior Myocardial Infarction. Blood flow is reduced or blocked completely, the muscle cells in the heart begin to die, and the heart goes into attack. Much like any other heart attack, symptoms include chest pain (angina pectoris), shortness of breath (dyspnea), fatigue. Unique to inferior myocardial infarctions, nausea and vomiting may occur.

The difference between inferior ischemia and posterior ischemia, for example, are important because cause and treatment vary for each. Therefore, it is important to seek a trained cardiologist's opinion if you are showing symptoms of a heart attack.

* 2 years ago

Source(s):
http://info.med.yale.edu/intmed/cardio/e...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocardial_...

I'm not a doctor but a certified registered EKG tech and have had experience with EKG readings and my own EKG, in which the abnormalities were considered trival. They weren't as 3 weeks later I had a major heart attack. . Women present with different symptoms than men. I had tingling in my back and underarm pain. That was it!  I had an inferior MI. Go seek medical help Monday a.m. You won't need an appointment with your doctor, just walk in and tell them  you have chest pain and an abnormal EKG from the ER. Let him call and get a copy faxed.  They will most likely work you in.
yikes!
scary, but thanks for the info.
i'll definitely call my GP Monday morning
Please see a cardiologist as soon as possible.  I had chest pains during the evenings.  My GP did an EKG.  He said "not bad for a man your age."  Gave me Nexium for indigestion.  Mentioned the problem to my Urologist.  He told me to see a pro, a cardiologist ASAP.  Cardiologist looked at EKG and said "this is not good." Had quintuple by-pass surgery and my carotid artery done same day.  I now have an entourage of specialist for various conditions.  Rely on a GP, a new one, for colds.  See a pro for the condition you are dealing with.  Good luck.
So, I have an appointment with the cardiologist Thursday!
Hopefully I'll get some  answers then.

I went to my GP today and saw the nurse practitioner. . .well that was of no real use.  
she told me to take an ativan if i needed it and to see the cardiologist.
i guess i kind of expected that.
she did do another ekg and the results were similar, but she said a bit better. . . .

This is what it reads:

Sinus rhythm
Inferior & anterior T wave changes are borderline abnormal

Borderline ECG

Vent Rate:  99 bpm
P Duration:      84ms
QRS Duration: 96ms
PR Interval:     122ms
QT Interval:     332ms
QTc Interval:   398ms
QT Dispersion:  16ms
P-R-T AXIS:  56, 41, -5

I still don't know what that means, but it looks better & I'm happy I have the appointment.