Accelerated AV Conduction
I am a 26 year old female who has been having chest pain accompanied by nausea and vomiting for 3 days now. The first day the chest pain started it was so bad I thought I was going to pass out. I recently had a baby 10 weeks ago and broke my neck 10 months ago. I feel dizzy and light headed at times. The chest pain and nausea/vomiting are intermittent. I had an EKG yesterday and it showed an accelerated AV conduction. The doctor told me "honestly I don't know what it is." He said it could be my gall bladder or thyroid. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Hi, accelerated atrioventricular nodal conduction is reflected as a short PR interval on the ECG.  PR interval represents the time that it takes for the electrical impulse generated in the sinus node to travel through the atria and across the AV node to the ventricles. The normal PR interval is 0.12 to 0.20 seconds or 120 to 200 milliseconds (ms). A short PR interval means that the conduction time from the atria to the ventricles is reduced. This can sometimes occur due to rhythm disorders like Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or Lown-Ganong-Levine syndrome. But according to studies done endocrine and autonomic nervous system factors play a role in the genesis of short P-R interval. If you are asymptomatic now and if there are no other abnormalities on the ECG then endocrine disorders, thyroid disorders and diabetes may need to be ruled out.  Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance. Regards.