Heart Disease Community
Active Butterfly

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Active Butterfly

My father was one of the first people in Oklahoma to have triple by-pass open heart surgery in 1977. I remember his misery, the huge staples that held his chest together. His breast bone cut apart and then wired back in place. I am scared to death of "heart doctors" because of what I seen when I was younger. But lately I have had some very odd things happening to me. I am a 43 yr old female and I have had only what I can describe as a heavy active butterfly flopping in my chest. It really doesn't hurt it is just very strong and sudden and it gets my attention ASAP! But as sudden as it appears it goes away and may not appear again for days or weeks. Could this be something related to blocked arteries like my fathers condition?
do you feel a fluttery feeling? How long does it last?
very strong flutter feeling that will last just a few seconds but will return in about 5 minutes to repeat and will do this for about 15 minutes. But it will go away and not return again for days or weeks. It last long enough to scare the doo out of me and just when I think okay it is time to go to the ER it stops.
My father had blocked arteries but I don't remember him saying he had a butterfly in his chest.
I would call your doctor and tell them you want to be seen cause what you are feeling.  I can't say what it is but I know a few years ago I had that off and on for a while and it was my anxiety.  Do you have anxiety? Im a very anxious person and I worry alot. It feels weird.  I get scared to cause my dad had a massive heart attack.
No anxiety, I am the rock of my family unless it could be a hidden anxiety that I am aware of but god knows if anyone would have it would be me..I have had alot of things thrown at me in the last year.
Sorry to hear about your father. My father died from a massive heart attack as well. His by pass helped him for 12 yrs but his arteries continued to block and  it ended his life.
My dad died 48 yrs  old 13 years ago and Im still trauma from it He called me 2 hours before telling me he was coming over the  weekend  and 2 hours later he died.  scary and ever since then Im not the same Im so depress and anxiety it's hard I know I can't do anything about it he's gone and everyday I think about him so much. I was very close to my dad and when he died I relize everybody will have there time when god wants us he will get us. they took the best my dad!!! Im so sad and I think Ill never get over this.
My father died in 1989, it was very hard but my way of getting past the pain (which was difficult) was to find ways to keep the good memories alive.
Not to change the subject but last year I lost my 22 yr old son and my other children haven't handled it at all. I have to remind them that it is not good to think of all the what might have been's but more on the remember when's. You were close to your father and I am sure he would not want you to be so upset over his life ending. Try to celebrate his life and all the good times it may help with your depression.
Im sorry to here about your son. What was wrong with him? I would not be able to handle it if one of my boyz died.
All indicates that my son took his own life but questions surround circumstances that have suggested he was murdered. It has been the most difficult ordeal to ever breathe through but somehow I manage to find enough air to get me through the next day.
WOW!!! that is terrible Im so sorry you sound like you handle things very well. Did they found out who did this to him?
We know who is the suspect but police ruled it as suicide because they lacked evidence to go forward. I handle things well only because I have other children that need my full attention and I know that someday justice will step up and the person responsible will go to jail.
Anyways boy did we get off subject! But then again maybe not because it is dealing with matters of the heart;-)
I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE BEST!!!!
Thank you and best to you as well. Chin up always:-)
Please keep in touch and call your doctor to get checked out peace of mind
Hi! It sounds like palpitations-PACs or PVCs. They normally don't cause any problems except alot of annoyance and anxiety. I would certaintly call and tell your doctor because it could be another type of arrhythmia but not many of them cause problems other than annoyance and anxtiety. :) Your doctor would possibly have you wear a 24hr monitor to catch these beats on a recording. That way they know exactly what they are dealing with and whether or not you need follow-up or medication. Good Luck!