Heart Disease Community
Adderall - constant chest pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Adderall - constant chest pain

I was taking Adderall (adderrall) for a while and stopped after noticing a chest pain right around my heart. It gets worse when i exercise or do anything cardio-like. It has gotten so bad that I have been almost bed and couch bound for the last year. I had gotten and endoscopy cause i am young so it isnt stomach. I have gone to my Cardiologist and did an ekg ecg, stress test, ultrasound of heart and left right heart catherization. Nothing came up but i am getting worse and now my doctor wont tell me what to do or where to follow up. Please if this sounds familiar let me know, it is ruining my life.
I can relate to your problem. I've been taking Adderall (adderrall) for about 6 mths now and the past 2 days I've experienced left sided chest pain. It's kind of scary bc you don't know if it's related to the Adderall (adderrall), if it's cardiac related or just muscular pain.  I haven't told my dr. about it bc I'm worried he will discontinue my Adderall (adderrall) prescription which helps me tremendously since I am a super busy person. But on the other hand, my health means more to me so if it is the Adderall (adderrall), then I would stop immediately. What did your cardiologist say when you told him you were taking Adderall (adderrall)?
He wasnt familiar with it since he isnt does dwell into psychiatric drugs but it is bad. It was banned in Canada couple years ago for killing people related to heart disease and other complications. I would stop taking it because mine  started mildy and has gotten so much worse over the years and has spread. I also cant do anything much physical or I feel like i am going to pass out. I cant even work now and have thousands in medical testing debts and still havent diagnosed it.
I've actually been having the exact same problem. I took adderall (adderrall) for about eight months before I started having the chest pains and severe panic attacks. I immediately stopped taking it. Nearly every time I went to run I would have severe chest pains and panic. For a while I was convinced that there was a problem with my heart. I've had three trips to the emergency room so far because I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I've had an EKG and a stress test and no problems came up. Finally I realized that it was the increase in adrenaline from the panic attack that was creating pain in my chest muscle. I've been taking Lexipro and ativan for a month now and that has been pretty effective at stopping the panic and chest pain. While I hated the idea of taking one drug to cure the side effects of another, I recommend you get treatment for panic disorder. While my case isn't nearly as bad, I can empathize with you completely. This is definitely the worst period in my life.  I wish I never took that damn "wonder drug" in the first place. The amazing thing is that after all this my doctor still pushes the adderall (adderrall). It's sickening. Just remember to reassure yourself that your heart is fine and  don't feed the panic. It takes a lot of effort to ignore the pain and fear but it pays off. I also strongly recommend getting a therapist if you don't already have one.
I saw you posted a while ago. How are you doing now?
My 15 year old daughter was prescribed Adderall (adderrall) 20 mg for her ADD. She had taken it for 6 months when she began to hyperventilate for no reason.  Her pulse got to 180 and she was unresponsive.  Her fingers and toes were rigid. Eyes pulsating. Chest pain.  Ambulance.  8 hours in the ER with 2 more episodes.  In hospital for two days with vague memory. Took many medical screening tests and they all turned up normal.  Her Doctor didn't see a need to stop Adderall (adderrall) and thought that she was just having a Panic Attack unrelated to the Addrrral.  This past week,7 months after the first episode, the same thing occured. This time, ER Doc questioned the Adderall (adderrall) and it being a direct link to her Panic Attack symptoms. After my research, I agree that there is definitely a correlation.  There is no way I will ever let her take Adderall (adderrall) again.
I have been taking adderall (adderrall) 20mg 2x a day for about 2 months and it just got upped yesterday to 30mg. I've had the worst chest pain.  I also thought it was my heart and have been to the ER. They did the chest xray, blood work and ekg. They diagnosed me with chest wall pain and gave me naproxen. After a few weeks it was much much worse and I went to the doc. She told me that its an inflamation (inflammation) where the ribs meet the sternum. so more naproxen and also tramadol. Still no help. The hosp and docs know I'm on adderoll and never said it was from that. I'm not prone to panic attacks and rarely get anxious, more or less stressed. I told my therapist about the pains and she believes its due to my job since I'm a laborer. I'm afraid to tell my psych cuz adderoll has helped me SO much. I just googled chest pain related to adderoll and have been reading all these ppls stories. I can't believe all the ppl going thru the same thing and having the same exact symptoms!  I would like to know if other than lowering my dose to 10mg, has anyone been able to get rid of the pain and has there been any deaths from this?
I've been on Adderall (adderrall) for 3 months and started taking 6mgs 2x a day. Then my doc upped the dose to 10mg 2x a day for the last 2 months. During the last month I started feeling anxiety. Some of the symptoms were my pupils would dialate whenever I was around a group of people my pulse rate would also increase. I was becoming somewhat paranoid in a way. I felt that my roommates were becoming suspicious about me. Shortly after those episoids I had my first panic attack. I felt dizzy, confused, anxiety, blurred vision, and chest pain around the heart. I called 911 and was rushed to the emergency room where they injuected trazadone into my I.V. that help calm me down and reduced my heart rate which was sky high. I was also given ativant for anxiety. Now I'm taking risperidone 1mg, citalopram 10mg, and clonazepam .5mg. They seem to be helping. I am able to work out and do cardio at the gym with no issues of chest pain or anxiety. Good Luck guys...
I have had a similar problem. Last year i was diagnosed with pleurisy and have recently had my adderall (adderrall) upped to 30mg 3X a day. I still have pleurisy episodes but they seem more frequent on my adderall (adderrall). I dont have chest pain everyday its usually the 1st week of my monthly prescriptions and then I am fine. It happend with 10mg the 1st month then the 20mg 2 months later every 1st week and now im on 30's and its my 3rd day and i started having chest pain the second day. I notice when I have lack of sleep and move around quickly from the adderall (adderrall) I have a chest pain episode for about 2-3 days. It is severly painful It starts with tightness on my left side then starts feeling like there is a giant needle sticking in my chest. It does feel like its my actual heart even though its the lining of my lungs. I've come to the conclusion that its the things that I do when my dosage is increased like cleaning strenuously for no reason, dealing really fast (I deal poker for my job), chain smoking sometimes, and not getting enough sleep. Its very aggravating but I dont worry myself about it so much anymore because I've had so many of these episodes im used to it Even tho the pain gets a little worse each time this time being the most severe. I recently read an article about chest pain just to get some more info on it and it was by a doctor. He said if the chest pain feels like a Stabbing sensation or feels like there is a needle in your chest the chest pain is more times than not nothing serious. I was relieved to read that because sometimes I've felt like I was going to have a heart attack and im only 22. I also found out that pleurisy can be re-occurring throughout your life once you get it and in some cases can be quite difficult to get rid of if the underlying cause isn't discovered which in my case was never found why i got it in the first place. But the pain medication is all you can do for it if the first infection that caused it wasn't found or treated. So now after this episode I've learned to take it easy and not go OCD on everything on my meds haha.
Hi. I used to have some of the same problematic listed here with racing heart, pain, etc. Now I'm very careful not to drink coffee or other stimulants and never exercise close to when I take adderall (adderrall). The whole thing felt like panic attacks. Also, yoga and meditation and trying to remember to breathe!
To help with heart pain, palpitations: good nights sleep, plenty of water, extended release adderall (adderrall), no other stimulants or exercise within 30 min of taking meds, yoga or meditation to reduce stress, do less.Tried and true.
So I have adhd and I wasn't taking any meds but a friend got prescribed vyvanse ...And it literally worked wonders so I got one (70mg) took it with food and it was great so I got a couple more well one day at work I was busy and my chest started hurting . I coughed and a surge of pain went through my body and I started getting light headed my heart felt like it was pounding and my whole body became numb I started feeling like I was going to pass out after a while this subsided but . My sternum hurts I still get dizzy sometimes and I feel like my upper body is weak. Any help info please as I am worried I messed up my heart or body and now I wish I would have never taken it :(    note: I never took more than one a day.