Adhd and skin picking?
I have a 7 yr old son who has been dianosed with ADHD for about 1 yr now. We have tried so many different kids of mediations. It has been such an awful ordeal. But the real kicker is that he has gotten into "skin picking". He picks at his skin on his hands and arms until he gets the sores down into raw open meat. I am so afraid he is going to wind up messing up the nerve endings in his fingers because of this. He will pick at his fingers and arms until they bleed and he will squeeze the sores and bleed all over his desk at school. His doctor has now taken off of Ritalin last month and tried Adderol, Clonidine, Valporic Acid, and Trazadone to help him sleep. But when I took him back to the doctor tonight and showed the doctor how much he picks he decided to try some other meds. So now he prescribed Adderol, 0.25 Milligrams Xanex, Prozac, and Trazadone. Does anyone know if this will help my baby?
I can't help wondering if all of the drugs he is taking isn't adding to his problems. The combination is what I am talking about, not each drug individually. You are writing on a 'heart' forum, you might try writing on the forums that are dealing with ADHD. For a 7 year old, there are some real issues going on with him; is he in therepy? He is obviously under a great deal of stress from somewhere.