Adjusting Dosage of Spironolactone for Hypertension
I'm a 60 year old female taking Lotrel 5/20 and 25 mg Spironolactone for hypertension.  (I started on HCTZ, however, after 3 months I developed a vascular rash on my arms which my doctor said was a reaction to the HCTZ and the sun so he switched me to Spironolactone).  My BP has come down too low....I was getting readings of 98/58...so my doctor told me to take the Spironolactone only 2X per week.  Would it be more effective for me to take 1/2 tablet everyday rather than a whole pill twice a week?  I'm afraid my BP will go too high on the days between doses.  Thank you.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It depends on the tolerance level. This is based on the serum potassium and creatinine levels. Patients who do not tolerate 25 mg once-daily dose may have their dosage reduced to 25 mg every other day. Discuss these options with your consulting doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you for your response.  My creatinine and potassium levels are fine with the daily dose of Spironolactone.  The only issue was that my blood pressure was too low.  My doctor suggested taking the drug 2 days per week, but I was concerned that my BP might go too high on the days I didn't take it.  I'll start with 3 days per week and if my BP is still too low, I'll drop down to 2 days.