Heart Disease Community
Adrenal Fatigue- Blood pressure test

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Adrenal Fatigue- Blood pressure test

I used to be a runner and have been trying to return to running. I also exercise by mountain biking and cross country skiing, walking and weights and core exercises. In the last year, I went through ongoing, low grade stress, and developed a gum infection. After, I developed a skin rash, similar to parasites of some sort, which I've had for 7 months now. I don't know if it was related to the gum infection.  It has improved immensely and is almost gone (likely as a result of naturopathic treatments, and tea tree oil. My naturopath has determined that I have "adrenal fatigue", as measured by taking my blood pressure sitting and then standing (it dropped from 120/80 to 103/63 apparently), and a first morning urine test, in which something was measured to be 5, when it should be around 20.
As a result, she has told me that my body is very stressed, my adrenal gland is very fatigued, and I should not be doing any exercise more strenuous than easy walking or Yoga. She says I should be doing relaxation, meditation, using a castor-oil pack, etc.
Do you think that this blood pressure test and the early morning urine test are accurate tests of adrenal fatigue? Even if I do have adrenal fatigue, should I be limiting my exercise, if I don't feel tired after running? (I thought that sweating out the skin would be a good way to get rid of the skin condition too.) The medical profession seems to know little about this blood pressure test, although I did read about it in a Lorna Vanderhague book on Immunity.

This discussion is related to Sitting vs Standing Blood Pressure Measurement.