Heart Disease Expert Forum
Advanced Osteoperosis and Just Diagnosed with CHF
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Advanced Osteoperosis and Just Diagnosed with CHF

I am a 40 year old woman approximently 15lbs under weight with advanced Osteoperosis/Osteoarthritis. This past month my PCP that I have been with a good 10 years suspected CHF due to an x-ray showing enlargement of my heart and an abnormal EKG plus symptomatic..sleeplessness, uncontrolable persistant foamy cough (actually hurts my lungs to talk loud or cough), palpatations. I am being treated for Hypertention an have been for 7 years. I also have a "slightly" regurgitative MVP and murmur. My issue is, during this process and adding more medications I was forced to go on medicaid of which my PCP can't take. Therefore my treatment stopped mid-stream..no meds an not sure of CHF stage. I can switch it back but not til November an no one is accepting new patients with this insurance. I'm not sure I can wait with my symptoms, I have to sleep sitting up if at all and in alot of pain. Should I go to the ER and demand proper treatment..if I wait could it be a death sentence?