Heart Disease Expert Forum
Advanced Osteoperosis and Just Diagnosed with CHF
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Advanced Osteoperosis and Just Diagnosed with CHF

I am a 40 year old woman approximently 15lbs under weight with advanced Osteoperosis/Osteoarthritis. This past month my PCP that I have been with a good 10 years suspected CHF due to an x-ray showing enlargement of my heart and an abnormal EKG plus symptomatic..sleeplessness, uncontrolable persistant foamy cough (actually hurts my lungs to talk loud or cough), palpatations. I am being treated for Hypertention an have been for 7 years. I also have a "slightly" regurgitative MVP and murmur. My issue is, during this process and adding more medications I was forced to go on medicaid of which my PCP can't take. Therefore my treatment stopped mid-stream..no meds an not sure of CHF stage. I can switch it back but not til November an no one is accepting new patients with this insurance. I'm not sure I can wait with my symptoms, I have to sleep sitting up if at all and in alot of pain. Should I go to the ER and demand proper treatment..if I wait could it be a death sentence?