Heart Disease Community
After death
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

After death

I know this is off topic really, but it kinda really got me thinking. We all get scared when we have procedures, mainly because if something goes wrong then we could end up leaving our loved ones behind. Some people are scared of death too. However, I was just reading an interesting article which seems to be shedding new light on this subject. It is becoming more and more common to make a body very cold during surgery because it gives the surgeons much more time before any necrosis sets in, especially with the brain. The case I read involved a lady who was put more or less into deep freeze, her heart was stopped and her breathing was stopped. Her brain EEG flatlined. The surgery took just over an hour and she fully recovered. Now, this lady had special devices attached firmly in her ears to give a loud clicking sound, to see if there was any brain activity reacting to the noise. There was no brain activity at all. The point though, is that she could hear nothing, see nothing and feel nothing. Her brain was not functioning at all. When she came round, she recalled many things which were said in the theatre, and she said a lot of accurate things about which tools were used and how. Out of body experiences or awareness when close to death has been contributed to low oxygen levels and tricks of the mind. In all those cases, the brain has had activity. In this case, and others like it, there is no activity and so how could the patients hear and see? The surgeons were certainly spooked by her detailed descriptions and it certainly does make you think..
It certainly proves that the consciousness is not in the brain, if that's what you call it.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The conciseness is in the soul, and that is in the heart.
Blank
I, frankly, don't quite get this. I had surgery before as I am sure you did. One of mine lasted more than 3 hours I was this told and when I woke up, I didn't recall anything it was like waking up from the dead. I certainly was not brain dead, not even close and now you are telling me if that's the case(being close to brain dead), however, you can have out of body experiences?  Doesn't quite make sense.
Blank
976897_tn?1379171202
When I had my surgery, my heart was stopped, but my brain was fed oxygen using a pump. So in effect, all my body, including the heart was getting sufficient oxygen. I was not nearly dead.
Out of body experiences that I've read about normally occur when a patient dies on the table, but is recovered. However, there are reports that certain traumas to the body can also cause it. When I was 11 years old, I went head first through a glass door but I didn't know it. As far as I was concerned I was still running and when I looked around I could see my own body. I didn't see any light or dead relatives, angels etc, and I was petrified wondering how I could get back into my body. It did happen after a few seconds though. Nobody can explain how my unconscious body stayed stood up in the door, with jagged glass waiting to slice my in half if I collapsed. I lost over 3 pints of blood through the cuts in my neck and very quickly. There was blood over the walls, the floor and even on the ceiling. My Father managed to compress the main wound until the ambulance arrived and 52 stitches later I was fine. Doctors told me it was all a trick of the mind, but when you experience it, it certainly is real.
Blank
237039_tn?1264261657
Out of the body you are made whole again.  It is your soul watching and hearing.  The soul doesn't need oxygen or blood flowing to be able to function.  Just my thought on this.
Blank
Our souls only leave our body once when we die.
Out of body experiences are real, but when we are having that phenomenal our soul still staying in our heart, if it would go we won’t wake up.
Blank
329165_tn?1385201516
When I had my surgery I was sound asleep for the 5 hours they were busy with me.  Brain flatlined, heart stopped and heart-lung machine doing his work.

I was a little bit worried about dying and leaving my lovedones, but knew that if something went wrong I would wake up in Heaven :)  the only thing we are sure of on earth is that we are going to die one day.  That is why we should live life to the fullest and always be ready...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Heart Disease Answerers
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
ed34
watford, United Kingdom
159619_tn?1318997813
Blank
erijon
Salt Lake City, UT
63984_tn?1385441539
Blank
Flycaster305
97303, OR
612551_tn?1247839157
Blank
Jerry_NJ
NJ
Blank
skydnsr
212161_tn?1391090750
Blank
heartfluttersflyawayplz
hoschton, GA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
Food Safety for Both Hot and Cold F...
8 hrs ago by gymdandee
Blank
ejoli commented on child24angel's status
10 hrs ago
9906907_tn?1406604905
Blank
shushil commented on Attention All Mouth B...
15 hrs ago
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
3 Reasons Why You are Still Binge E...
Jul 14 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979