After the Ablation surgery...
My mom just had heart ablation surgery.  The first two days afterwards, she felt like a million bucks.  On the third day her heart started racing again.  Her pulse rate went really high(140's)  and then drop into the 30's.  I know it's normal for the pulse rate to spike after the surgery but what about the low numbers?
  Well, first of all, as you already alluded to, I've heard that it is fairly normal for someone who just had an ablation done to feel their old symptoms in the time immediately proceeding after their procedure. It doesn't necessarily mean the procedure didn't work, so only time will tell if whatever issue your mother had was truly successfully abolished or not. If it turns out it wasn't that's okay too. My current head coach for my collegiate running team once had to get a catheter ablation when he was young (he had Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome) and it actually took two times before they got it fixed. That's not uncommon.
      As far as the low HR following the non-sustained tachycardia that she felt it could very well be that she was experiencing a vasovagal response. The vagus nerve is the culprit that causes the sensation of "an electric shock" that some people feel when they have palpitations. Sometimes this same nerve produces a sort of "shut-down" response to certain stimuli. It's your nervous system responding to vast amounts of unexpected stress. Think of when someone passes out from sudden grief or fear or joy. That's a vasovagal response where blood pressure suddenly plummets and you pass out. It's an overcompensation on the part of the nervous system. When your mother's heart rate suddenly spiked her nervous system may have overreacted and had a minor vasovagal response to help the body relax. Obviously, she didn't get to the point of passing out or anything, but her heart rate plummeted. Assuming that she recovered her heart rate to a pretty normal level fairly quickly there is no real cause for concern here. I believe this is all she is going through, but if this problem gets worse or continues just use common sense and call her doctors as I'm sure you guys will.
    Have a great day and I hope your mom starts feeling great again real soon!