Alblation
Hi I had a ablation on my heart because I had wpw in September. I keep getting flutter and miss beats when I go upstairs and nerves about something. Is that normal or do I need to go my GP about this? Pls could someone help me. Thanks.
What you are experiencing is very common after an ablation.  You will get lots of random runs, phantom pain in the chest area, feeling like the episodes are going to start up again and they sort of peter out....i think every single one of us that has had an ablation has gone thru that but it doesn't stop the fear that creeps up on you that the ablation may or may not be a fail. The only thing that i know for absolutely sure is that it really takes up until the 6 month mark for the symptoms to subside completely.  The other thing is that if you feel you are having any type of issues your GP is not the person to call...its your heart doc or the doc that did the ablation.  Nope you are going thru what all of us have and patience is the word of the day....I know it gets scary sometimes but don't let it effect you....the Medhelp Heart Rhythm forum has a super active community that the members have gone thru the exact same things as you are after an ablation so you may want to re post there as well but feel free at any time as you are going thru this to message me if you need to because the first few months out it gets a little dicey or we think it does when it really isn;t.  Your heart was poked, prodded, penetrated and then zapped after the procedure and it takes time for the swelling to go down, for the electricity that was re routed to find and commit to the correct pathway to follow after going in the wrong direction or misfiring after however long that you went thru your issues.....been there done that for sure and mine was a success after the first go round...good luck,,,,don't panic,,,,its normal...