Heart Disease Community
Alcohol, Heart and Breathing

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Alcohol, Heart and Breathing

This question is to help a friend of mine and I feel its quite serious despite the fact that she feels that its not.
A few years back she had checked up in her country of origin (Korea) that she had some sort of heart weakness, which she thought was nothing at all. But just yesterday when we shared 2 bottle of aclohol, not long after she had breathing difficulties and it scares me out. We dont drink too much either once in 3 months, and even in the past she didnt drink that much.

Today she told me that she has had a black out experience in the past when she drank too much and was breathing heavily till she blacked out and didnt remember any part of that experience.

I hope to get a reply from someone out there on what should I do about this matter.
What symptoms should I check on her to identify her problem ?
Thank you.

Regards,
Jack
The first step is to NOT DRINK!!!  Then your friend needs to see a Cardiologist to determine what is wrong with her heart.  Why would she even continue to do this to herself?