Allergic to Cholesterol Medicine
I am a 35 year old and have found out within the last year that I am allergic to cholesterol medicine.  When I take just one pill my liver enzymes go up.  This has been determined at two numerous hospital stays, infact, doctors didnt believe the previous diagnosis of an allergic reaction and gave me the meds to see for themselves.  I have chronic pancreatitis and have gotten sick several times from high lipid count due to my cholesterol.  I have a genetic dispositon for pancreatitis so I have had it numerous times from different causes.  I hear that this is rare and I cant tell physically that I am allergic but it is apparent through my blood work after taking just one pill.  My doctors are dumbfounded and told me to take fish oil, though they laugh feeling that fish oil is night a good enough treatment along side a healthy diet.  I just want to know is this allegy as uncommon as I hear it is and is there any other medications that might help me?
It seems that you can't take medication for controlling Cholesterol lipid production in the
Liver. Around 25% of your cholesterol however is taken from foods you consume and maybe you can control more of this from a different angle.
I was prescribed Atorvastatin which brought my cholesterol down to a normal level with
people who don't have heart disease but they wanted it even lower. I was given an additional medicine which dramatically decreases the absorbtion of fats through the digestive tract. This is called Ezetimibe and just 10mg reduced my cholesterol a great deal. Maybe your GP could look to attacking your problem from this angle?
NTB
hi, how about niacin to raise the 'good' HDL?

how about altering diet to lower LDL?