Heart Disease Expert Forum
Am I headed for an M.I?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Am I headed for an M.I?

I'm a 69 yr old woman  I do have a  heart murmur and High blood pressure.  Past month my BP varies from ll5/60 with 72 pulse to  increasingly 176/72  with  106 pulse.  I was prescribed Amolodipine 2.5mg once a day but find I must take another pill by noon as the pulse rate has rised to 104.  At night before bedtime the rate is 95 so I take another Amolodipine.  By the next morning, my BP is 116/72 with Pulse 82..  There is no consistencyher as the BP seems fine in the morning buy the is no consistency in the pulse rate.  Am I headed for a M.I?
Risk factors for myocardial infarction include hypertension or high blood pressure, but this is not the only factor.  Others are smoking, family history, diabetes, age, gender, LDL level, HDL level, among other things.  It is important to treat blood pressure to a target of <130/80 if you are a diabetic or have kidney disease, and <140/90 mm Hg if you are not.  
To reduce your risk of myocardial infarction, your blood pressure should be well controlled and you should have other risk factors modified as best as possible.
I have DM2   Both parents deaths from TB and prostrate cancer respectively.  My HDL, LDL and Trglys are all in normal range.   EEG and EKG normal.  I do have restless leg syndome.  Have had a full exam and only problem is controlling high BP which was under control until a month ago. What I want to  know is why my pulse continues to rise at above 100 evn as the BP pill lowers the BP to systolics readings of 139 to 176 over reasonable dyastolic rates of 80 to 60.