Heart Disease Expert Forum
Angina and angioplasty
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Angina and angioplasty

I am a 66 yr old male with dilated cardiomyopathy and had bypass surgury 7 years ago.  The diagnosis was made with the aid of xray and echo.  I feel good, play tennis a couple of days a week and golf a couple of days as well.  I suffer from shortness of breath now and then after some exertion but not during the nightime.  There is no swelling of the feet or other symtoms (symptoms).
I recently had a pacemaker installed due to passing out as I settled into bed at night.  I suffer from angina at the onset of exercise and sometimes for no apparent reason after awakening during the night. I am presently on coumidin and accupril.
Can angioplasty be performed on a patient that has had a bypass?
Is coreg appropriate at this time in my treatment?