Heart Disease Community
Angio-seal

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Angio-seal

I had an Angiogram done on March 30th, there was an Angio-seal used, and I was given a card to carry with me for the next 90 days. I had an angiogram done in 2005, which was done the old way, lay for 5 hours after and never looked back. Never needed a painkiller or anything. This time, I can't walk without pain and am in alomost constant pain today from above the site of entry, with a very warm sensation around the site, but to look at the wound, all looks just the same as before. I would like to know is this normal, or is there need for me to seek attention. My GP has no experience of an Angioseal as I'm the first of his patients to have it done. The hospital Cardiology section is closed now until after Easter, so unless I go to A&E, there isn't any way to see a doctor. I don't like making a fuss if can manage without it. Would appreciate replies from anyone who has experience of any similiar situation.
I have had 5 angiograms since August 07, the last four since July 08. The most recent two had the Angio -seal and I still have both cards in my wallet. The first one did not bother me a bit, but the second one was exactly as you describe. It does get better, just takes a day or so and the pain went away, just hang in there. Getting pain meds would probably help with the current pain but, if your like me I have too many other pain issues and nothing short of morphine will work. Unfortunately, I cannot take morphine since it lowers my blood pressure extremely low. But, believe me, the pain does subside after a day or so and now I do not feel anything from the site.

Good luck,

Jim

Thanks for your reply.   Always good to hear from others who have been through it.   Leg is very stiff tonight, finding it more difficult to walk and pain in groin and lower abdomen is no better, if anything more severe.

Thanks again,

Mir