Ankle Swelling and Hypertension are they related?
About a week ago I was hospitlaized for chest pains and swollen ankles.  I had an echo cardiogram and a cardio cath done to see if there were any blockages in my main arteries.  To my surprise there was no blockages, liver is good and kidney's are good.  the doctors placed me on meds for hypertention and gave me a water pill, I do not have the pain in my chest anymore but I still have the swelling in my ankles and it seems to be getting worse what could be going on? the swelling goes down when I am in bed but when I get up and start moving around it comes right back.  Do you have any suggestions as to what could be causing this? I have changed my diet to a low salt low cholestrol diet since I have been home and I am only eating fruit and watermelon all day everyday. Please advise
Watermelon has far too much water; you should drink less water also. It can be ok for awhile eating only fruit, but sure one day you will eat normal. Cutting back on salt ("low salt")is not enough. You must not eat more than 1600 mg sodium per day. It will help to stop the fluid buildup  Do you know all food even vegetables has sodium in naturally. You must calculate every bite you eat. Get yourself a list and be sure you won’t go higher; you should be very alert about that. Water pill is good but better to take low doses. If high can destroy the liver after years.  
My Best !