Heart Disease Expert Forum
Ankylosing Spondylitis and the heart

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Ankylosing Spondylitis and the heart
What is the connection between Ankylosing spondylitis and heart arrythmia
Ankylosing spondylitis can cause valvular heart disease, specifically aortic valve and ascending aortic disease which when not corrected can cause heart failure, atrial fibrillaiton and event ventricular tachycardia.  Also, since the conduction system of the heart runs close to the aortic valve, when the valve gets calcified as is the case with Ank Sp, one can develop heart block and require a pacemaker.  
Thanks for asking the question, if you review my profile you will see that I am an ankylosing spondylitis sufferer, often wondered if it ain't the cause of my heart palpitations in recent years.