Heart Disease Community
Anyone here take sotalol

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Anyone here take sotalol

I have a history of ventricular tachycardia.  They implated an ICD.  About a year later they had to put me on amiodarone (200mg daily).  Since then I had not had an episode for 5 years.  Couple of week ago I got a "shock" from the ICD but for atrial fibrillation.  I had also recently developed hyperthyroidism from the amiodarone.  So starting tomorrow I am no longer taking the amiodarone or the increased Coreg (25mg 2x daily due to the symptoms of hyperthyroidism).  I will instead take 120mg 2x daily of sotalol.  I am asking what the effect on my blood pressure will be at that dose.  I keep a pretty steady 115/70 with the Coreg.  This is a slightly higher dose of sotalol than normal (80mg normal).  Thanks  
Avatar n tn
I am taking the same dose of sotalol that you are and I have been taking it since December when I had atrial fibrillation caused by low potassium.  They gave it to me as protection in case the potassium dropped again.  The sotalol has really helped my blood pressure.  I was taken off Lopressor (a beta blocker) and Cardizem (for the AF), and it's lower now with just the sotalol.  I know it makes some people tired, but it hasn't me.  The only problem is that I have noticed PVC's lately (not bad ones) and I had an episode of SVT recently on a stress test and at home.  I don't know what part the sotalol plays in that but I am going to the doctor next week and I intend to ask him all that.  I hope this helps.  I know how scary all is.  They say, "Don't be anxious," but that's just a little difficult to do when your heart is involved.