Aa
A
A
Close
Anyone here take sotalol
I have a history of ventricular tachycardia.  They implated an ICD.  About a year later they had to put me on amiodarone (200mg daily).  Since then I had not had an episode for 5 years.  Couple of week ago I got a "shock" from the ICD but for atrial fibrillation.  I had also recently developed hyperthyroidism from the amiodarone.  So starting tomorrow I am no longer taking the amiodarone or the increased Coreg (25mg 2x daily due to the symptoms of hyperthyroidism).  I will instead take 120mg 2x daily of sotalol.  I am asking what the effect on my blood pressure will be at that dose.  I keep a pretty steady 115/70 with the Coreg.  This is a slightly higher dose of sotalol than normal (80mg normal).  Thanks  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am taking the same dose of sotalol that you are and I have been taking it since December when I had atrial fibrillation caused by low potassium.  They gave it to me as protection in case the potassium dropped again.  The sotalol has really helped my blood pressure.  I was taken off Lopressor (a beta blocker) and Cardizem (for the AF), and it's lower now with just the sotalol.  I know it makes some people tired, but it hasn't me.  The only problem is that I have noticed PVC's lately (not bad ones) and I had an episode of SVT recently on a stress test and at home.  I don't know what part the sotalol plays in that but I am going to the doctor next week and I intend to ask him all that.  I hope this helps.  I know how scary all is.  They say, "Don't be anxious," but that's just a little difficult to do when your heart is involved.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Anyone here take sotalol
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
watford, United Kingdom
159619_tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT