Anyone use one of the doctors from Un. PA. Hopital in PHila? I need surgery.
I am looking for someone who does the less invasive treatments for heart surgery.  My cardiologist says it's time to have something done.  My heart is increasing in size.  The left ventricle is mild enlarged.  The left atrium is moderately enlarged - is the same size as the left ventricle.  She said there is a bulge in the lower lt ventricle that is causing the leaflets to separate, causing leakage.  She described it as needing a tummy tuck for the heart.  They support it with a plastic ring, which allows the valves to function normally.  Our local hospital only performs open heart surgery.  I am trying to find out what others have experienced and who to go to.  I do have a list of names.  I also have a history of a silent heart attack, sarcoidosis, a-fib (controlled with metoprolol) - works most of the time.  Also have a history of svt and COPD.  Am also hoping they can do something for the a-fib so I can decrease my medication, which aggravates the asthma. Partial list - so you can see why I'm a bit nervous.  Any information you can give would be helpful.  B lessings!  Great_Gram