Heart Disease Expert Forum
Aortic Calcification

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Aortic Calcification
I have been dx with Aortic Calcification.  The Cardiologist stated there was no medication to take for this.  Last week I was also dx with Raynaud's Disease.  My GP suggested a calcium channel blocker for this.  I believe I read somewhere that a calcium channel blocker was sometimes prescribed for Aortic Calcification.  Is this correct?  If so would a CCB help the Aortic Calcification, as well as the Raynaud's?  If a CCB is not prescribed for Aortic Calcification would it be harmful to take it for Raynauds Disease?  I also have Mitral Valve Returitation and a Left Bundle Branch Blockage.  

Thank you in advance for your response!

Sharon
DEar Sharon,

This would be an appropriate medication.  You should discuss these concerns with your physician.  CCB are often used to slow the heart rate and decrease the blood pressure but do not specifically clear the calcium for Aortic calcification.