Heart Disease Community
Aortic Rupture due to abdominal stress

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Aortic Rupture due to abdominal stress

I strained my abdomen and groin by doing too many sit ups last year. For various reasons, over exertion seemed like a good idea at the time. How wrong i was.

Is it possible, that i could have cardiovascular problems because of that?

I hate to stretch my mind so far, but im experiencing symptoms of an aortic blood clot. It feels like there is a lump in my belly, where the aorta is.

Aside from the "lump" in my groin, on both sides, this lump is tender to touch, and it gives me the sensation of a "hole" in my chest, right below my sternum. Ive also been having warm sensations All over my body, from head to toe.

I dont think a muscle strain can cause warm sensations, but a blood clot can
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The lump in the groin could be the inguinal nodes. Inguinal (groin) lymph nodes can be enlarged in infections of the draining areas namely the legs and buttocks. They can also be enlarged in sexually transmitted diseases like lymphogranulomavenereum and granuloma inguinale. If you are underweight, sometimes you may feel the pulsations of the abdominal aorta. Very rarely it could be an abdominal artery aneurysm that is causing the perception of pulsations. This can be diagnosed by an ultrasonography or doppler study. If very troublesome, consult your doctor for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.