Heart Disease Expert Forum
Aortic aneurysm. Scared
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Aortic aneurysm. Scared

I am 18 years old and in good health. Nobody in my family had ever had a aneurysm of any kind. I can feel a pulse in my stomach mostly when I am lying on my back, is this a sign to worry? Because I can not stop freaking out about it. I am 5 ft 7 and am not really skinny but kinda skinny. What should I do? Is this a need to worry? Do people my age get aortic aneurysms? Please comment!
Young people can get aneuryms though most are related to genetic abnormalities causing weakening of the support tissue of the blood vessels. With that said, it is not abnormal to be able to palpate your pulse in your abdomen if you are a thin person and it certainly does not mean that you have an aneurym. The only way to definitively answer this question is to have a physician exam your abdomen to ensure that your aorta is not enlarged, though the odds of this in the general population if you have no family history of aortic aneurysms and do not have a condition like Marfan's or Ehler-Danlos is low. I hope this helps.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank