Aortic valve stenosis
Hello, we have been watching my valve for about 5 years now, it's been from 1.8 now between .77-.79.  I see my cardiologist every six months and each time we say next time will be the time to schedule surgery. But God willing, it hasn't gotten to that point.  I do have dizziness and shortness of breath at times, but I guess we're waiting until the valve gets to a .70.  He said that normal valve openings are 2.0...I am trying to lose weight and exercise, he said nothing to crazy and no weights over 20 lbs.  do you agree with this, I started with a trainer last week and do far, so good, but I'm not sure what pain is in my chest, is it from working out and new muscles or am I over working my heart? On Monday I was very dizzy and felt very nauseous, so we waited and it passed, I want to lose weight so that I will recover quicker, but I do not want to die either, i think too much Internet surfing is scaring me.  What should I do, stop or continue and not push too hard.

This discussion is related to Exercise and Aortic Stenosis.
I'm going to give you a third option.  See a heart surgeon who frequently does aortic valve replacements and ask for his opinion as to the timing of surgery.  A second opinion could not hurt.  I would get it from a surgeon, rather than from a cardiologist, and I would get it from a surgeon who is well qualified to do the operation when the time comes.  You can ask your cardiologist who he or she would recommend.  Your records will need to be sent from your cardiologist's office to the surgeon's office, in any case.  When your aortic valve opening is less than 1cm in diameter, and you have symptoms of dizziness, shortness of breath, nausea, and chest pain, IMO it's time to start talking to surgeons.  Surgeons often have a different idea about the timing of surgery than cardiologists do.  If it were me in your situation, I would NOT do any kind of physical exercise that made my symptoms worse, until after a thorough consultation with a highly qualified surgeon.  Good luck.