Heart Disease Expert Forum
Arm Thumping

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Arm Thumping

I am 27 year old female and for the past couple of days I have been experiencing a thumping feeling in my arms, lets, and kinda in my ears. It doesn't come in any rhythm that I can tell. Also my right elbow has had a continuous "hit your funny bone" feeling. I don't have insurance right now so I can't just go to a doctor whenever I want. I have had back problems... my doctor when I had insurance thought that I might have a disc that is slipping. I was wondering if this is something that I need to bite the bullet and go to a doctor and also I was wondering if this could have anything to do with my back. Thank you in advance for any input.
I really can't tell without examining you if this is dangerous. Something that could cause these symptoms could be a TIA or a stroke, although this is not very likely. It would entail a full neurological exam and possibly a CT of the brain. A neurologist consult may also be in order to fully diagnose the problem. Apart from that it may be related to hypertension, or to neuropathy from your 'back problems', which could be impinging on one of your nerves and causing the 'funny feeling' in your arm.
In any case it is worrying you enough that you are posting this question here, so I would make sure that you see at least a general practitioner who can measure your blood pressure and perform a basic exam just to give you some basic directions on how to proceed.