Arrhythmia and CHF
I was diagnosed with cardiomyapathy I was diagnosed with cardiomyapathy in 1998 had a deliberator/pacer  installed in 2000.  Only recently I have been experiencing typical CHF symptoms and increased a-fib.  Meds have been no help and I have been told that my deliberator/pacer  should be upgraded to allow a second lead to the lower chambers for equal pressure during pacing.  One doctor says I should try ablation but the other says I am not a good candidate due to the CHF and wants to "turn off" the sinus node and make me 100% dependent on the pacer.  My question is twofold:  at 47 is there any long term effects I could experience being 100% pace dependent and 2) will not solving the cause of the a-fib and just allow it to continue shorten my life expectancy due to continuing upper chamber enlargement?
Thanks in advance.
These are very good questions, but I cannot answer them.  I think this is an excellent question to post in the doctor forum to get a reply from a professional.