Arrhythmia during running
I am a long-distance runner, age 53 and for the last several years I have had a problem with PVCs when I run.  I do not have the problem unless I am running.  I have been to a cardiologist and done the holter monitor, treadmill stress test, etc and he has identified the problem as PVCs.  I have tried a few medicaitons but they have not helped.  Oddly enough, I do not have the problem right before I get my period and during my period. I have gone eight months without a period and then I'll get it again every month for a few months at which time it stops again.  I don't have the problem on the months that I get my period.  I am obviously pre-menopause.  I am wondering if the problem could be hormone related and, if so, what can I do?

This discussion is related to Re: PVC's and hormones.
There is some good information about hormones and heart beat irregularities at
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/women/conditions_arrhythmia.aspx

Also, I've read that small amounts of melatonin can help not only promote sound sleep, but stabilize hormones and help lessen hot flashes in some women. You might want to check it out with your MD and see if he/she thinks it's OK for you to try .75 mgs or 1 mg. to start off. (I take .75 mgs. a night/15 minutes before bed and it's helped my palpitations as well hot flashes.) I cut a 3 mg. tablet in 4 because it's hard to find low dosages sometimes.