Heart Disease Community
Arteries Blocked 80%, 90% and 80%

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Arteries Blocked 80%, 90% and 80%

My FIL (67 y/o) has had heart problems for years.  He had another heart attack on Tuesday.  They did all of the tests and said his arteries are blocked 80%, 90% and 80%.  The cardiologist said they can't do anything else for him. The block on the middle one (90%) is in a spot where the dr doesn't want to attempt it, he doesn't think my fil will come out of the surgery..  He's already had angioplast and heart surgery.

Now my FIL is telling everyone he's going to die and is only going to live 3 more months.  We ask him if the dr told him this and we can't get a reply out of him. (We've been at work while the dr is actually there, so haven't had a chance to talk to his dr yet, just the nurses)  He's a bit of an overexaggerator, so I'm just trying to figure out if he's overexaggerating or if this really is what the dr told me.  

And I know, no one can predict how long someone's going to live, but just trying to figure out if this sounds right???