Heart Disease Expert Forum
Ascending thoracic aorta aneursym
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ascending thoracic aorta aneursym

I had an MRA in June that showed my aneursym to be "4.5 x 4.6 cm at the level of right pulmonary artery and 3.5 x 3.5 cm at the level of sinuses of Valsalva". On September 4 I had a CT scan to check my lungs and the report said "Ectasia of the ascending thoracic aorta measuring up to 7.8 cm in transverse dimension is stable".

Does this mean that my aneursym has grown to 7.8 cm or that the measurement of my ascending thoracic aorta and not my aneursym?

Please let me know,....thank you.
Tags: aneursym
Hi Frieda5,

Without seeing your actual images, it is hard to answer this question via the internet.  That being said, the measurements on the MRA and CT scans you had should be relatively comparable.  That doesn't appear to be the case looking at the numbers you have written.  The CT report states that your ascending thoracic aorta measurement is stable, but the numbers don't match up.  I would call your cardiologist and discuss the difference between the two reports.  He/she can better clarify the discrepancy.

Hope that helps!
CCFHeartMD20
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity