Heart Disease Community
Aspartame (Nutrasweet) can have side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

I found this on line & wanted to share.  I have found Aspartame (Nutrasweet) give me PVCs & makes me jittery.  Be aware of possible side effects. Phenylaline is part of Aspartame & is in almost every chewing gum on market today!!! Beware

By Janet Star Hull - Creator of Aspartame Detox Program

Aspartame Side Effects

There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame consumption. It seems surreal, but true. How can one chemical create such chaos?

Aspartame dissolves into solution and can therefore travel throughout the body and deposit within any tissue. The body digests aspartame unlike saccharin, which does not break down within humans.

The multitude of aspartame side effects are indicative to your genetic individuality and physical weaknesses. It is important to put two and two together, nonetheless, and identify which side effects aspartame is creating within you

The components of aspartame can lead to a number of health problems, as you have read. Side effects can occur gradually, can be immediate, or can be acute reactions. According to Lendon Smith, M.D. there is an enormous population suffering from side effects associated with aspartame, yet have no idea why drugs, supplements and herbs don
Good post.
Everybody should see that  film .
Aspartame Documentary: ' Sweet Misery'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n-gA0wvi84

You can see part of the film ,or maybe all on Youtube.
I cannot take anything with "Sucralose".  Splenda has got sucralose.  I used to get high anxiety and fast heart beat after drinking coffee, and iced tea.  I did not increase the amount of coffee or tea I drank, and therefore could not figure out why every time after the coffee and tea I get this anxiety.    Finally I remembered that I switched from "sweet n' low" to "splenda", but I still never thought that the splenda could caused it.  Just for the hell of it I thought I google it and sure enough I found tons of hits about side effects of Splenda and sucrolose, and some of the side effects listed were what I experienced.  

I stopped the Splenda, no more anxiety and fast heart rate after coffe or iced tea.  

Also watch out for Slim Fast, that has some of that stuff in it don't remember if its sucralose, I think it is.  The Slim Fast bars give me anxiety, and no, I do not read the ingredients before I eat/drink something because I do not want to take a chance that I will "imagine" anything.  However, I know that the "energy" drinks are loaded with caffeine and that is what I'm definately staying away from.

If you google it you will find that Splenda has almost the same side effects as the ones you posted.
Absolutely ALL artificial sweetners have potential to cause problems.  The best thing to remember is Natural, natural, natural.  Raw honey is a good sweetner for most people.  It has natural healing powers in & topical too.  Honey from the area where you live is best.
Also, I buy fresh chicken eggs from local farmer.  I have two hens now that I hope start laying soon & plan to get a few more.  They are so cute to watch & love their house & fenced yard. (no- you don't have to have a rooster for a hen to lay eggs)  We may get one later though just for fun...

One other note:  some pills have fillers of that Phelaynaline (mispelled) word that I mentioned.  It sends me into a dither!  Watch your labels & even talk to the Mfg. about what fillers are in your pills.  The ones that disvolve in your mouth (under your tongue) might have it in them. Mine did.  
You're right! Phenylaninine (spelled wrong I'm sure) is also in lots of soft drinks.  It can in "some" people give anxiety and even raise BP.  I stay away from it.

Canihelp I have a question for you:  What is the difference health wise in "raw sugar" and regular sugar.  I do take the raw sugar now, I heard its healthier than regular sugar, but it takes longer to sweeten or lets say it doesn't sweet as good as regular sugar.

Thanks for the info.  I'll look for it in these places.
Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it.

I do use honey, but where do you get the "raw" honey, in health food stores?
raw honey can be bought in most grocery stores or in health stores, or in produce stores.  In grocery stores sometimes its over by the produce.  It's even in Sav a Lot here, which is a discount grocery.  I also buy it from farmers selling it from their trucks, etc..  We live in a rural area so it's easy to find.  They are only suppose to heat it enough to pour it, but not any more or it destroys the good stuff in it.  It's great for burns--can pour it straight on.
.Raw Sugar is what is left after processing the sugar cane to remove the molasses and refine the white sugar.  In North America raw sugar is actually not "raw" as it has been partially refined to remove any contaminants.  The color is similar to light brown sugar but it's texture is grainier.

Demerara sugar is a raw sugar that has been purified.  It comes from Guyana and is a dry, coarse-textured amber sugar that has a toffee-like flavor.

Muscovada or Barbados sugar is another raw sugar that has been purified.  It has a finer grain that Demerara and very moist.  Its color ranges from light to dark brown and it has a strong molasses taste.

Turbinado sugar is a raw sugar that has been steam cleaned.   It is light brown in color and coarse grained, with a slight molasses flavor

*  I copied the above from the internet.  I'm sure the less processed, the better for you.  Raw honey is best if you don't have allergy to it.

OMG what that stuff did to me...I could write a novel.  Most bothersome, recurrent kidney and bladder infections and inflammation, migraine headaches and anxiety.  I will not touch, nor will I allow anything in my home that contains any artificial sweetener, especially aspartame.  And read labels - it's in everything - even children's vitamins!!!!  I get polyvitamin drops from my doctor for the kids for this reason.

AVOID aspartame and it's sister sweeteners like the plague.
I have been experiencing heart racing, head aches, nausea and fatigue.  Doctors have referred me to a Cardiologist, all clear with my heart.  Blood tests done all fine, urine test done - all fine would a sensitivity appear in these re Asoartame.  How do I get checked to see if this is causing my symptoms.  I have been put on a Bettablocker for my heart racing.  It is improving my headache.  I use Equal and drink Diet Coke occasionally.