Heart Disease Expert Forum
Aspartame and palpitations
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Aspartame and palpitations

I've been having pallpitaions at the rate of several per minute, all day long. I've had the EKG and Echo Stress test and I've been told that it was all stress related. I read a question in this forum (posted 1998) about aspartame and decided to stop using it.
I had used it in my tea and chewed tons of gum with it in.
Within two days, the palps stopped completely!
Is this possible or am I just using the aspartame as an excuse?
Either way-they stopped!!!
Pan
Related Discussions
238671_tn?1189759432
It is conceivable that certain foods trigger PVCs in certain individuals. It is also possibly a coincidence. If the aspartame had been the cause, I would not have expected it to take two days for the palpitations to go away, as your body would have excreted the aspartame much sooner than that. However, I would say to go with whatever works for you.
2 Comments
Blank
Heart palpitations can often be a sign of food allergies.  I recently had allergy sensitivity testing and one of the signs of an allergic response to foods is palpitations.  I have headaches from aspartame and palpitations with other foods.  I'd say that you corresponded the response to the cause very well!
Blank
A related discussion, Aspartame was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank