Heart Disease Expert Forum
Aspirin Therapy & Fish Oil

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Aspirin Therapy & Fish Oil
I currently take a 325mg aspirin daily because of a vertebral artery dissection I had a couple of years ago.

Is it safe to take 3 grams of fish oil daily along with the aspirin?

Some of the reported side effects of fish oil include an increased risk of bleeding (decreasing/slowing the ability of the body to allow for blood to clot). However, this has been reported usually in high doses (> 3 grams/day).  Although this should be safe if taking < 3 grams/day, you should certainly speak with your regular physican to ensure he is aware of your medication regimen.