Heart Disease Expert Forum
Aspirin

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Aspirin
Doctor,
I take a 81mg. tablet of aspirin daily as recomended by a cardiologist a few years ago.
I take the Depo-Provera shot which one doctor says it can increase your chance of having a stroke if you smoke as I do. (one Doc said that it was not as likely to happen as with the pill so I dont know which one is correct) But anyway my question is will the aspirin I take maybe offset the chance of a stroke from the cigarettes and Depo?
Thank you.
Aspirin will not fully offset this reisk.  You should do your best or ask for your physicians help to stop smoking.