Atrial Fibrillation
I am 52 and suffered a TIA in December 2016. I was was told it was caused by my heart and that I have Atrial Fibrillation. My heart is pumping blood at only 24%. I used to go to the gym, swim and then wham out of the blue this hit me. What's the long term picture for me?
This is a question only your cardiologist can answer.  I do hope you are under the care of such a specialist.
Thank you I am, it's all still sinking in really from being so active to being told my heart is failing.
I had your experience.  Mine was diagnosed when I was 40. (now 59) My eject fraction was in the 20s.  Since that time, I have had 2 ablations.  My eject fract is up to 35 which is right on the bubble.  I have been on meds to keep me in rhythm and worked out religiously.  I have been afraid to do cardio and have recently started that with supplements CoQoetc and Pcyl.....  Going to see what that does but supposedly will increase LVEF by 10%