Heart Disease Expert Forum
Atrial flutter, atrial fibrillation, and hormones

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Posted By James M. on April 02, 1999 at 18:32:32:

As a 56-year-old male in fine condition with the exception of my arrhythmias, I often wonder what causes the episodes of atrial flutter and fibrillation to become more frequent and longer across the 30 years or so I have been aware of them.  It occurred to my menopausing wife that my increasing symptoms may be a reflection of hormonal changes over the years.  She goes on to suggest that I might look for hormonal therapies.  Is this worth pursuing?