Heart Disease Community
Atrial septal Defect

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Atrial septal Defect

Dears,

Last week I had my 5 years old daughter to the pediatric for a normal flu, where he referred us to a cardiologist .

We have mad an echo and the result was a 9mm unroofed coronary sinus ASD with pulmonary hypertension as high as 40

The recommendation is to go through an open hear surgery, which I am reluctant to do for my kid, specially that there were no symptoms what so ever

Any idea if this can be repaired without open hear surgery

It is not possible to provide any useful information regarding the unfortunate medical condtion of your child.  It is not unexpected that child doesn't have any symptoms, but if the problem is not corrected it will lead to an enlargement of the heart ventricles.  If and when that happens the heart will lose its ability to pump adequately and a heart transplant would be the only treatment.

You can post a question to a professional and the link is posted at the top o the page.  

Hope that helps, and sorry to hear of child's medical condition.  Thanks for the question and hope it all goes well for your child.  Take care.