Heart Disease Expert Forum
Axillobifemoral Bypass

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Axillobifemoral Bypass
In Decemeber 2011 I had Axillobifemoral bypass surgery in Mexico where I spend the winters.  The surgeon is highly qualified and well known.  There is a language issue though.  I cannot getan answer as to when I will be able to play golf again.  I am 62years old and a controlled diabetic.  My weight is 155lbs and I am 5'8" and have played golf all my life and I want to resume as soon as it is safe to do so.
Generally it should be safe to resume golfing a couple of months post-op however this question should really be addressed to your surgeon as there may be factors in any individual case which would influence recommendations about exercise after surgery. Surely it should be possible to get this answer from his office, perhaps with the help of an interpreter if there is a language barrier.