Heart Disease Expert Forum
BENIGN CYST

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

BENIGN CYST

Durinmg my pregnancy I had chest pains.  Before I was prepped for my C-Section I was told they mightve found something and needed to do a follow up CT Scan.  I did 2 weeks ago aand recieved a call back saying that I have a "benign cyst between my right lung and diaphragm".  They told me not to worry because it wasnt a cause for concern.  They couldnt tell me much, how do they know its benign and when and what may happen for me to be concerned?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hey BUELL0646

It is hard for me to give you an accurate diagnosis without examining you and looking at the CT scan images, but generally speaking there are characteristics that are often used to differentiate a benign mass from a malignant mass. Of course, it is dependent on where this is originating from, but it is often possible to tell if it is benign.
I think the key would be to discuss it with your doctor and have an imaging study performed in a few months time to see if this cyst is changing in any way. If not, it is certainly a very reassuring sign.
I hope that helps

CCFHeartMD19