Heart Disease Expert Forum
BYPASS SURGERY
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

BYPASS SURGERY

I HAVE BEEN TOLD MY LAD IS 100% BLOCKED WITH RAMUS BLOCKED AT 90% AND ONE ON THE RIGHT SIDE AT 70%  ALSO TOLD BYPASS IS MY ONLY ANSWER  IS THIS CORRECT
Generally speaking, bypass surgery is the treatment of choice with this extensive of disease. Stenting may be an option, but this would have to be determined based on your other past medical history and where the blockages are located. You should continue to discuss this with your primary cardiologist.
2 Comments
Blank
2 1/2 months ago my LAD was 100 % blocked  i had a massive heart attack then,but they also went in and cleaned out my stents and the blockage,a few days ago im back in the hospital with the LAD blocked 50 %,and this time got  a blood clot in my heart also.they told me if it blocks up again i also will need bypass surgery.my brother had bypass 5 years ago,ad hes doing alot better than i am,the stents do get blocked fairly quickly sometimes,its just a chance you take.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank