Heart Disease Expert Forum
BYSTOLIC

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

BYSTOLIC
I was put on 10Mg of  Bystolic for my high blood pressure. I work out everyday doing step aerobics, kick boxing etc. etc.
I wear a Polar pulse watch and I noticed since I've been on the Bystolic my pulse rate has fallen dramatically.
Usually when I work out I'm about 150 pulse rate and now on Bystolic I can't get over 111 .
When I'm not working out normally my pulse is around 80-85 and now it's ranges from 55 to 65.
I was in the drug store today and I checked my blood pressure and it was 107/35.   Is that to low for an very active
66 year old woman?
Thanking you in advance,

Mary Lou
No, your blood pressure is well controlled. Too low would be considered if you were having symptoms such as lightheadedness when rising from a chair or dizziness with exertion. Bystolic is a beta blocker and it will decrease your resting pulse and exercise pulse: as long as you are satisfied with your exercising ability, then that is fine. If not you can ask to be changed to another blood pressure medication not know to affect your pulse.