Heart Disease Expert Forum
Baby aspirin

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Baby aspirin

Hi After having 2 miscarriages my gynecologist diagnosed me with protein s deficiency she said while im pregnant i have to use clexane but when not pregnant i dont have to use anything except when flying .  A few years later I met another doctor who suggested i take 100mg aspirin as a precautionary measure.   After 3 years of being on aspirin i now developed a stomach ulcer. So I want to quit the aspirin as according to the first dr I don't really need it and it is causing side effects.  So is this recommended and how do i do it safely? I am 31 years old and also have colitis.
I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulty.  There is no strict indication for aspirin in your case, and if it is causing you significant difficulty I would stop it after discussion with your physician first.  If you have a clotting/bleeding disorder, it is worth checking in with a vascular medicine specialist or hematologist (blood doctor).  I would also verify that you did in fact have Protein S deficiency.  It is often misdiagnosed.  Best of luck to you!