Heart Disease Community
Beta Blockers and NSAID (advil,etc

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Beta Blockers and NSAID (advil,etc

Does anyone take NSAID's with their Beta Blocker? I take Toprol XL and it said there is a moderate drug interaction.
With all b.p medications -you have be very carefull of drug interactions - its sometimes best to read online - for each name or brand of bp meds - the interactions ,as there are meny listed !  that the doctor or pharm may or maynot tell you about .
and moderate interaction could turn to be a heavy interaction with some people..
I took Toprol xl for years  and it drove me nuts, with what I could take and couldnt take
my doctor at the time told me to take advill as I had extream cramping pains !  I took it
and it interacted bad !  after reading the interaction charts online - I found advill interacted with toprol xl -  my dumbell doctor never checked interactions ?  so always read before you take anything !  or you could end up in the E.R.  or worse ! I fear !

hope that helped - booger the nose
Like booger the nose said, all meds are different for all people, best to check with the doctor, with the pharm and on the internet (as an extra precaution).

I have taken Inderal and Naproxen before without incident, but I can't say for certain you would have the same experience.  If I had to guess, I'd say you'd be fine, but for peace of mind, give the doctor's office a call to get their opinion.