Bicuspid Aortic Valve
Hi, My name is Oguz. I am 22 year-old man. I have bicuspid aortic valve and 1-2 grade insufficiency.  My blood pressure is about 135/75 mmHg. My BMI is 30. My echocardiographic report: LA is 3,6 cm, Aortic root is 3,5 cm, LVEDV is 108, LVESV is 41, IVS is 0,9 cm, EF is 62%, Assending aorta is 2,7 cm and Max aortic speed 1,1 m/sec. My questions, What can I do to make my life quality high? What is the survey for patients who have bicuspid aortic valve? When do I need surgery? Do I need exactly surgery? etc. Thanks for all....
And..Please remember, I need prefessional help...
nlt
Well, I'm 25 I found out when I was 21. I'm guessing you have recieved some restrictions? Don't do like me. I was given restrictions, I didn't follow the restrictions and now I probably have to get my aorta replaced as well as my aortic valve. Of course I was laughed at when I tried to get med help, so I had to continue to work at the rock yard lifting 250 plus everyday. Then I went in again and was told not to lift over 20 lbs or get my heart rate over 135. Two years later (last check up) My heart is severly enlarged and my assending aorta is 4cm and I definately need to replace my aortic valve. Talk to your Dr. don't hesitate to ask him all those questions. As young as we are (if you need surgery anytime soon) we will most likely be advised to get a mechanical valve. They should last a life time but we will have to take coumadin the rest of our lives, coumadin is a blood thinner to make sure we don't form any clots on the valve. Don't worry though I was told I can work out as hard as I want, I can run as hard as I can, after I recover from the surgery. You just have to be careful not to smack your head really hard, because of internal bleeding with coumadin.  Also the enlargement of my heart should return to about normal. I just kinda bit the bullet for quality of life. Four years went by really fast. Definately ask your Dr. tell him you live an active lifestyle and ask him what he thinks, should you wait or should you get it done now. I think Dr.'s tend to wait either because it's not that serious or that the risks of surgery should be balanced with trying to get an extra (im my case) 4 years of quality life. Ask him though. Good luck and take care.
ok.. What can i do about my bicuspid aortic valve? please tell me not professional
i think we post the last two massage at the sametime..thanks for all answers.. well... do you know that what the ascending aorta's normal diameter? I know a few restrictions about my situaiton and i put into practice all of them..but I'm afraid of surgery. Can i prevent the sugery?