Heart Disease Expert Forum
Blockage in circumflex aorta artery

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Blockage in circumflex aorta artery

4 years ago, at age 53, I suffered a heart attack which damaged a small portion of the back of my heart(left ventricle), plus it showed I had a 40% blockage in the circumflex aorta artery.I was put on Inderal, Vasotec, Lanoxin, baby aspirin.  A few years ago I began taking Lipitor. Recently I moved to a new city and had to find a new heart doctor.  This doctor ran an EKG, stress test, echocariogram and said I needed a heart cath because the tests showed the back of my heart was deprived of oxygen.  The heart cath showed hardening of the arteries and now at age 57 the circumflex aortic artery is now 90% blocked.  The only therapy was to continue on the same medications at the same dosage.  The explanation for the mild pain I have was said to be from putting my arm on the window of the truck I drive.  I don't understand -- is this area inoperable?  Am I just to wait for the heart attack to happen and allow more heart tissue die off? My chol. count was only 163 when I had my 1st heart attack.  I have never smoked or imbibbed. I have lost 35 lbs (now 6' 4" 235 lbs) and I walk a lot to help my back and heart.  I don't know this new doctor very well, but does this mean there is no other treatment available for the 90 % blockage in the circumflex aortic area?  Thank you.  Art Klein
Unfortunately genetics plays a big role in determining who gets heart disease so despite your "clean-living" you have still developed it.  There are multiple treatments available for a 90% blockage and I can't say why your doctor dosen't want to treat it.  I would discuss it with him and if you are not satsified with the answers seek a second opinion.   Best wishes.
1 Comment
A related discussion, Colesteral was started.
A related discussion, 70 and 90% blockage in one artery was started.
A related discussion, Circumflex artery blockage was started.