Blood pressure higher when standing
I recently started to get spinning feeling in my head they come and go in just a few seconds. I went to the Doctor but they haven't found out yet what is wrong. What they did find is that my blood pressure is whacked out.
Standing 160/115 sitting 145/99 laying down on my back 130/85 laying on my side 112/77. I bought a blood pressure cuff and have checked it several time in the past few days. I keep getting the same readings. My neck is very sore, they did a CT scan and found nothing. What could be causinig these problems? Please help if anyone has any ideas for me to suggest to my Docotr.

This discussion is related to Very high standing blood pressure.
Did your doctor prescribed any blood pressure medicine?  It is not good for your heart to have high blood pressure for years (it wears the heart muscle out).  If your blood pressure is 160/115 when standing, I can't imagine what is it when you are active.  Blood pressure this high can cause a stroke.  Talk to your doctor about blood pressure medicine that works for you if you are not already on some.  Chest pains would be the symptom of blocked arteries, shortness of breath usually is a symptoms of heart valve problems.  Watch for any swelling in legs, ankles, abdomen and any cough.  You may want to get your thyroid checked also.  
I just found your message and I wanted to tell you that I have the same thing.

I've been dealing with this since Sept/08, I had other symptoms though, headaches - dizzyness - chest pressure - nausea - lethargy - the high blood pressure and high heart rate which was much much higher when standing or doing things, I had to stop my workouts and I could hardly do anything at home.

I have had lots of blood tests and none show anything abnormal, the only thing I have is iron deficiency which is getting better finally!  I've also had ECG's, 24 hr Holter Monitor, MIBI test (which included a stress test - this one I failed miserably my BP went to 200/120 and my heart rate 166 within 1min of starting the test), I've had an echo, an angiogram, ct scan, and I'm waiting for an MRI - but all normal!.  My thyroid is fine.

I ended up going to a Naturopath who put me on vitamin therapy, 20 vitamin pills daily, and since I started taking those I have felt much better, my BP still goes higher when standing but the change is not as dramatic and all the other symptoms have diminished to the point that I can start having my life back.

Sorry I cannot help you with what you may have but I just wanted to let you know my BP acts the same way as yours and my doctors have not found out why!  very frustrating.  My doctor did put me on high blood pressure medication, although this did not seem to make a difference until I started taking all the vitamins.

Hope you are doing ok and would love to hear what you find out.

Regards,

Karin
Even i have the same problem. Can u let me know how was the vitamin tablets fixing the problem? Any guess by the doctor?
what about POTS syndrome?