Heart Disease Community
Blue/violet toes. HELP

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Blue/violet toes. HELP

Im not sure if Im writing in the right place, but I started to notice a few weeks ago when I was in the balcony, that my toes were blue/violet.
I instantly started to warm them up and the color changed instantly back to normal. (They have never becomed white either, just in case someone wants to know.) My hands don't change color either, just the toes. I was wondering if this could have anything to do with the heart? The thing just is, that I don't move around much (don't excersise) because I do my work in front of the computer for the fourth year and I have to sit a lot during the day. And seems like when the toes are facing to the ground, they turn blue/lilac.

And yesterday when I came out of the shower, my toes looked like Zombie-toes, wich wasn't nice. Im really worried...
Tags: Heart
I have a similar problem. The bottoms of my feet turn a nasty blue/gray color. Especially when I'm sitting with my feet down or even in the shower when I put a foot on the edge of the tub to shave my legs. Just during those few moments the bottom of my foot gets very ugly. My fingers will do the same thing but not so often. Mine started a couple years ago and my doc saw my feet at the time. She told me to keep them warm and keep them elevated as much as possible. Now I have a little step stool at my computer and can prop my feet up on that while I'm here. Do you have any tingling at times with it?

I'm guessing mine is Raynauds. The doc didn't give it a name but that seems to fit the symptoms. You can read up on it. It talks about white and red and gray. That's pretty subjective. The white and red could be more like pale and pink. The gray is what stands out. Check with your doctor the next time you're in. Because it's a circulatory issue you need to be aware of it and take care.
Hi Ireneo, thanks for replying!

No, I have no tingling feeling in my toes when my toes/feet get cold, but I do suffer from anxiety wich causes me to have pins & needles sensations all around my body (in the toes aswell), but I don't think it has anything to do with my blood circulation. :D

Mine can't be Raynauds because my toes don't get white. They only get lilac/blue when they are down and instantly when I put them up, they change color.

Im going to start exercising more now and see what happens in one month... But I still wonder if this is seriously just caused by the lack of exercise, because I seriously don't go out much. (I do my work in front of the computer)
I can't say that I "exercise" a lot but my job is physically demanding at times and I'm on my feet for 8-9 hours straight. Yet my feet and fingers still turn yucky gray at times. The next time you go to the doctor and you're waiting on the edge of the exam table your toes will probably turn a funny color. Then when the doc comes in, show him/her. That's what I did. The other thing with mine, just because they turn a funny color doesn't always mean they're cold. Quite often, especially now in the summer, my feet and hands are a normal warm feeling. I don't know. Until you find some answers do try to keep your feet elevated a bit. My little plastic footstool only stands about 7" high but it has helped a lot.