Heart Disease Expert Forum
Bordeline Left Atrial Abnormality EKG

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Bordeline Left Atrial Abnormality EKG

I recently underwent cosmetic surgery and had to go for an EKG. I received the report and was told I was OK to have surgery but I should look into getting more information on my report. I am now very concerned. Can you help me interpret the report? I says I have: Normal Sinus Rhythm Rate 86 (normal P axis, PR, rate & rhythm), Borberline Left Atrial Abnormality (P>30mS, <.10mV V1), Left Axis Deviation (QRS axis (-31,-90), Early Transition With RSR in V1 or V2 (QRS area positive & R' v1/v2).  
Rate 86
PR 171
QRSD85
QT 356
QTe 426
P 78
QRS -45
T 50

Concerned and worried,
Ressdan
Ressdan,

Thanks for the post.

The information you provided does not sound concerning.  However, just as it is hard to describe the beauty of a sunset, it is hard to describe an ECG.  To properly evaluate an ECG requires that you actually see it.

At least 10-15% of normal persons have ECGs that show Left atrial abnormality.  The other findings of Left Axis Deviation and Early Transition are also common.  These findings are present in many young or thin persons, as an example.

Talk to your internist.  If he/she is unconcerned, then feel reassured.

Good luck.

Please forgive me for changing the subject, but I have a question of Hankstar and was wondering if he could provide me any information...my husband was prescribed Niaspan 500 mg to be taken at bedtime.  He has been on this for a couple of months now.  He still experiences from time to time stomach cramping and tingling with flushing.  He is on this because his triglycerides are high in the 300s.  He can be fine on this med for a while, then will have symptoms.  Do you know of any adverse side effects from this drug, especially regarding the liver.  He does have a fatty liver...Thank you if you can provide any info on the subject and hope you are feeling better...Lisa
Thanks for your reply.  We requested a follow-up visit with his doctor.  Again, hope you are feeling better soon.  Take care...Lisa
can somebody please help me make since of this ecg..... I had one last night obviously to the doctor he didn't consider it a problem but that didn't seem to solve my feelings of anxiety. In the past I have had irregular heart beats, fast heart rate is a norm for me, it flutters so hard sometimes that it takes my breath away. last night sitting at home all of a sudden I felt a heavy mack truck pressure on my chest that went through both arms they became numb and my hands started tingling when this first happened i was very dizzy. I waited almost an hour before going to the hospital I was feeling much better but still had the pressure on my chest not as heavy but still pressure, EKG stated consider left atrial enlargement...PV1-.10mV or more negative and diffuse Nonspecific T wave abnormalities....T waves-.10 mV ANT/LAT/INF
normal sinus rhythm, rate 92...Normal P axis, PR, rate & rhythm
rate 92
PR 158
QRSD 83
QT 347
QTc 429

P 61
QRS 53
T -9

should i worry about any of this or is there something i can do to prevent any other happenings??
I had and ECG done today.
what does "BORDERLINE ECG" means ?

I'm 60 Years old

Rate 65 - Normal sinus rhythm rate 65 Normal P axis, PR, rate & rhythm

PR 143 - ST > .15 mV I, aVL,V2-V6
QRSD 70
QT 389
QTc 404
--AXIS--
P 55
QRS 39
T 32

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS ECG IS NORMAL?
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!
OSI
I felt tired without doing any work after sipping a glass of Merlot. Then I began to sweat ALOT. When I went into the emergency room, I saw the EKG and it said Borderline with AV Block. They scheduled me to see a Cardiologist this week. I asked the emergency room docter if my heart was in trouble and if I was going to die, and he glanced away. Then he turned and said, you are not going to die, but your heart isn't in the best of shape. I have been taking it easy, lying down and not doing a lot because I don't want to put my heart in a stressful situation. I have buried my mother, sister and father all inside of 21 months. Also, just before my mother died, my nephew lost his wife and daughter in a Gas Dryer explosion. I was helping my nephew with his law suit, and when it arrived this last December (millions), he told me that he wouldn't forget me. However, he did and he told me that my mother left me the house. But me and my mother bought this house together. In any case just before I began to feel tired, I was told that he gave a friend fifty thousand dollars. I guess I let that get to me because it was me that was helping him with all of the details and paper work, then he decided that he didn't have to give me anything. In any case, could someone please email me with the EKG information. Could you tell me what is going on? My email address is ***@****
A related discussion, heart and tummy was started.
A related discussion, Left atrial abnormality was started.
A related discussion, hi my problem is ........ was started.